Healthcare Floor Cleaning Solutions
Maintaining floors in a healthcare environment is one of the most difficult tasks found in maintaining any facility. From the amount of traffic, the focus on cleanliness, and the health of occupants, clean floors are critical in a healthcare facility. While most of the focus on floors in healthcare is normally on the appearance of the floor, recent studies have shown the floor to be an underappreciated source of contamination.
The flooring in most Healthcare settings is luxury vinyl sheet goods. This is a great floor because it reduces the amount of seams and requires less maintenance than standard VCT floors, since it doesn’t require the same protective coating. The challenge with these types of floors is that without the coating, the texture of the floor can trap and hold detergent residue, soil, and moisture. Together, these elements can form a biofilm that can harbor bacteria.
Here are some of the cleaning challenges typically found in a healthcare setting that Square Scrub can address.
The Batt Mop system transforms daily mopping by adding 4100 RPM of orbital cleaning power to a flat mop. Pair this with a single-use microfiber, and you no longer have to transport and launder contaminated microfibers.
- Cuts down on cross-contamination
- Provides a clean comparable to a terminal clean on the floor.
Hallways that have finished VCT flooring are traditionally difficult to maintain. Because Healthcare facilities operate 24 hours a day, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to shut down the hallway to chemically strip the floors.
- The Square Scrub Pivot can be used to dry strip the floors and allow the hallways to stay open during the process.
- For hallways that have luxury vinyl sheet Goods, the Pivot And the Battscrub can be used to make sure that soil does not build up in the texture of the floor.
Elevators are typically difficult to clean because there is tight compact space.
- The Batt Scrub allows you to clean elevators quickly and efficiently
- No need to locate an outlet to plug the unit in
The Batt Scrub and Batt Mop allow you to restore and maintain the cleanliness of both your stairwell treads and risers.
- Fire code prevents any outlets from being placed in the stairwell, making corded equipment difficult to use.
- Since the Batt Scrub and Batt Mop are battery powered, they are the perfect solution for this area!
- The Batt Scrub will do an excellent job of cleaning stair treads, and can be used with the Doodle Skate to clean the risers.
- The Batt Mop can be used to maintain the stair treads on a regular basis.
The Pivot can be used to maintain carpet in hallways and lobbies when used with an encapsulation solution.
- The Pivot is approved for use on carpet by the Carpet and Rug Institute as a deep cleaning system.
- The Pivot 28 offers a 40 to 65% increase in production over standard 17 to 20 inch carpet maintenance machines.
Stone & Terrazzo Floors
The Pivot and the Doodle Scrub can be used to maintain the gloss of stone and terrazzo flooring.
- This type of work is typically contracted out due to the specialized tools that are needed.
- Square scrub machines paired with our Stone care system, make this something that can be done in-house.
Popular Square Scrub Models for Healthcare Facilities
We decided to use the Doodle Mop. You will understand why, once you see the dirt that comes off the floor.
Associate Director of Facilities, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
After seeing the results, I was no longer skeptical and wished we started using it sooner
We were able to strip and finish all of our 1st floor halls in 3 days using the square scrub
CHESP, Director, Environmental Services Concord Hospital